In the ever-evolving landscape of education, the CBSE Syllabus for 2023-24 has undergone changes, renumbering chapters to enhance the learning experience. One such chapter that captures the essence of transformation is Chapter 9 of Class 10 English, now known as Chapter 8. In this article, we explore the captivating narrative of Bholi and the comprehensive NCERT Solutions designed to assist students in mastering the content and excelling in their examinations.
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English
Class 10 English supplementary reader, “Footprints Without Feet,” introduces us to the intriguing story of Bholi, a girl whose name translates to ‘simpleton.’ Authored to resonate with the standards set by the CBSE board, this chapter provides students with a riveting tale crafted to engage and inspire.
Bholi Class 10: Bholi, the Protagonist:
Bholi, or Sulekha, as she is formally known, is the youngest daughter of Ramlal. In a society that values beauty and intellect, Bholi stands out for being neither conventionally attractive nor academically inclined. The narrative revolves around her journey as she defies societal expectations and takes charge of her destiny.
Bholi Class 10: The Turning Point
Facing the pressure of an imminent marriage, Bholi makes a bold decision that changes the course of her life. The story unfolds as she rejects a proposed union, prompting readers to delve into the reasons behind her courageous choice. To uncover the details, one must explore the pages of Chapter 9 in “Footprints Without Feet.”
NCERT Bholi Class 10 Solutions – A Beacon of Support:
These solutions, prepared by subject-matter experts, serve as a valuable aid for students preparing for their examinations. Accessible in printable PDF format, they empower students to learn at their own pace, anytime and anywhere.
Bholi’s School Journey:
As the narrative unfolds, Bholi’s entry into the world of education becomes a pivotal moment. Sent to school for unusual reasons, she discovers a realm different from her home environment. The story explores her initial fears, the warmth of her teacher, and the empowering impact of education on her life.
Bholi Class 10 Critical Questions Explored:
The chapter encourages readers to ponder thought-provoking questions related to Bholi’s experiences. From understanding the concerns of Bholi’s father to analyzing the role of her teacher in shaping her confidence, the story prompts reflection on societal norms and individual choices.
Bholi Class 10: Themes Explored
Delving deeper into the narrative, the story addresses themes of self-respect, societal expectations, and the empowerment of individuals, especially young girls. Bholi’s journey unfolds as a testament to the importance of self-awareness and the courage to challenge societal norms.
Implications for Today’s Society:
As we resonate with Bholi’s story, it prompts us to contemplate the treatment of girl children in contemporary society. Drawing parallels with real-world initiatives like the “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” scheme, the story encourages readers to reflect on gender equality and the need for collective efforts to eliminate discriminatory practices.
Important 10 Bholi Class 10 Question Answer
- Why is Bholi’s father concerned about her?
- Bholi’s father worries because she lacks conventional beauty and intelligence, making it challenging to find a suitable groom.
- Why is Bholi sent to school, and what makes it unusual?
- Tehsildar’s order prompts Bholi’s schooling to set an example. Her unique situation, deemed less marriageable, allows her an education.
- Did Bholi enjoy her first day at school?
- Yes, despite initial fear, Bholi enjoyed her first day, finding potential friends among girls her age and being captivated by classroom pictures.
- How is Bholi’s teacher different from people at her home?
- Bholi’s teacher speaks politely and encourages confidence, in contrast to the discouragement and disrespect she faces at home.
- Why do Bholi’s parents accept Bishamber’s marriage proposal?
- Fearing a lack of future proposals, Bholi’s parents accept Bishamber’s proposal, considering him well-to-do and not demanding dowry.
- Why does Bholi reject the marriage proposal from Bishamber?
- Bishamber’s demand for a dowry of five thousand rupees leads Bholi to refuse the marriage, valuing her self-respect.
- What apprehensions did Bholi have about going to school?
- Bholi, witnessing the sale of their cow Lakshmi, had fears, but the prospect of clean clothes and care made her feel it was a better place than home.
- How did Bholi’s teacher play a crucial role in her life?
- Bholi’s teacher didn’t mock her stammering, encouraged confidence, and treated her with kindness, transforming her into a confident individual.
- Why did Bholi agree to an unequal match initially?
- Overhearing her parents’ concerns about her marriage, she initially agreed, thinking it was the best proposal without dowry demands.
- What made Bholi reject the unequal match on her wedding day?
- The groom’s demand for dowry and humiliation of her father compelled Bholi to reject the marriage, showcasing her self-respect and bravery.
In the tapestry of educational literature, Chapter 9 of Class 10 English stands out as a poignant narrative of courage, transformation, and empowerment. Bholi’s story transcends the pages, leaving an indelible mark on readers and igniting conversations about societal norms, education, and the empowerment of every individual, regardless of gender.
- NCERT Class 10 Books Price List 2024
- Bholi Class
- Crack the CBSE Class 10 Social Science Exam
- Mastering CBSE Class 10 Science
- CBSE Class 10 Math Previous Year Question Papers PDF
- 10 Question Answer I NCERT Solutions for Class 10 English