Title: Eid ul-Adha 2023: A Guide to Performing the Namaz and Prayers
Muslims around the globe are joyfully observing the auspicious festival of Eid ul-Adha, also known as Bakrid, Eid-al-Adha, or Eid ul Zuha. This significant celebration, deeply rooted in Islamic traditions, is commonly referred to as the “festival of sacrifice.”
The Story of Eid ul-Adha:
Eid ul-Adha commemorates the unwavering faith of Prophet Ibrahim (Abraham) in Allah. According to the story, Allah commanded Ibrahim to sacrifice his only son as a testament to his devotion. Displaying immense trust in God, Ibrahim agreed to fulfill the command. However, just as Ibrahim was about to sacrifice his son, Allah intervened and replaced him with a lamb, accepting Ibrahim’s dedication.
The Celebration of Eid ul-Adha:
Each year, Muslims worldwide observe Eid ul-Adha for three days, commencing on the 10th of Dhul Hijjah. However, specific dates may vary across countries due to geographical differences and sighting of the crescent moon. In India, Eid ul-Adha will be celebrated on June 29, 2023, as announced by the Markazi Chand Committee of Lucknow, based on the sighting of the Dhul Hijjah crescent moon on June 19.
Performing Bakrid Prayers at Home:
Prayer holds immense importance for Muslims during the festival of Eid ul-Adha. The Salat al-Eid, a special prayer offered exclusively on this occasion, marks the commencement of the celebrations. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to perform the Salat al-Eid at home.
1. First and foremost, perform Ghusl, the ritual bathing in accordance with Islamic customs.
2. Following that, perform Wudhu, the ablution necessary for prayer.
3. Recite the Niyyat (intention) to perform the prayer.
4. Proceed to recite the Takbiratul Ihram, seeking blessings from the Almighty.
5. Commence the prayer by reciting seven takbirs and reciting Surah Al Fatiha.
6. Recite another Surah from the Holy Quran.
7. Complete the first Rakah and move into Rukhu (the bowing posture) by reciting Subhanna Rabbiya l-‘azim three times.
8. Rise from Rukhu and recite Sami’ Allahu liman hamidah Rabbana walaka-l-hamd.
9. Perform the first Sujud (prostration) by saying Subhānna Rabbiya l-a’lā.
10. While sitting, recite Rabbighfirlī wa-rhamnī wa-jburnī wa-rfa’nī wa-rzuqnī wa-hdinī wa’ afinī wa’fu ‘annī, or simply say Rabbighfirli.
11. Proceed to perform the second Sujood.
Eid ul-Adha Namaz: Second Rakah
1. In the second Rakah, recite Surah Al Fatiha and another Surah from the Holy Quran.
2. Perform Takbir five times.
3. After the Sujood, recite the following Tasyahhud:
– At-tahiyyātul lillahi was-ṣalawātuth wa ṭayyibātu Assalāmu ‘alaika ayyuhan-nabiyyu wa rahmatullāhi wa barakātuhu. Assalāmu ‘alainā wa ‘alā ‘ibādillāhiṣ-ṣā
– Asyhadu an lā ilāha illallāh, wa asyhadu anna Muhammadar abduhu wa Rasuuluhu.
– Allahumma ṣalli ‘ala Muhammadin, wa ‘alā āli Muhammad, kamā ṣallaita ‘ala Ibrahima wa ‘āli Ibrāhīma, innaka Hamīdun Majīd. Allahumma bārik ‘alā Muhammadin, wa ‘alā āli Muhammad, kamā bārakta ‘alā Ibrāhīma wa āli Ibrāhīma, innaka Hamīdun Majīd.
4. Conclude the prayer by reciting Ràbbana Taqabbal Minna innaka antas Sameeaul Aleem.
Finally, conclude the Eid ul-Adha 2023 prayers by reciting Assalamu alaykum wa-Rahmatullah on your right side and then on your left side. End the prayer with a Salaam, expressing peace and blessings.
(Note: If any of the above line or word is written wrongly we apologies for it)
Eid ul Adha 2023 Wishes
Heartwarming Eid Wishes to Celebrate with Your Loved Ones
Eid is a time of joy, love, and togetherness, where families and friends come together to celebrate the end of the fast-breaking period. It’s a beautiful occasion to exchange heartfelt wishes and express gratitude for the blessings in our lives. In this article, we have compiled a collection of unique Eid wishes that you can share with your family, spouse, friends, and kids, to make their Eid celebrations even more special.
Eid Wishes for Family:
As we embrace the joyous occasion of Eid, let love and happiness surround our family. Wishing you all a cheerful Eid Mubarak!
May this coming year bring an abundance of success to your family and home. Eid Mubarak!
Eid Wishes for Wife:
On this auspicious day, my love, I wish you an Eid Mubarak! May you be shielded from all worries and bask only in eternal bliss. May Allah’s blessings shower upon you, bringing joy and opening doors to success. Happy Eid, my sweetheart!
Dearest wife, as we celebrate this beautiful day, may you experience peace, joy, and unparalleled success. Eid Mubarak to you!
Eid Wishes for Husband:
To my dear husband, I hope this Eid brings you immense blessings, joy, and enlightenment. May you feel the wonder of Eid all around you, knowing that God’s love is always there to embrace you. Happy Eid-ul-Adha, my beloved!
Eid Wishes for Friends:
On this blessed occasion, I pray that Allah grants you everlasting success, joy, and happiness. Wishing you a joyful Eid, my dear friend!
My dear friend, you are the light in my eyes, and I am grateful for your presence in my life. May this Eid be filled with happiness and blessings for you.
Eid Wishes for Kids:
May Allah always guide you towards the right path and be there to assist you whenever you seek His guidance. Wishing you a joyful Eid, little ones!
Happy Eid! May your heart be filled with the splendor and delight of this special day. May all your prayers be answered by Allah’s grace.
Eid is a time of reflection, forgiveness, and spreading love and joy to those around us. As we celebrate this auspicious occasion, let us cherish the moments spent with our loved ones and appreciate the blessings bestowed upon us. May Allah’s love shine upon all of us and fill our lives with happiness and compassion. Wishing everyone a very happy and blessed Eid!